Freeze and preserve fresh herbs and use them in your cooking later. GENIUS!! Take a look.> http://keitochansays.com/2014/04/25/freeze-perserve-fresh-herbs-in-olive-oil/
Photo Credit: foodieinwv
- Odds & Ends: Herbed Olive Oil Ice Cubes (refinery29.com)
- How to Store Your Herbs Properly (onegreenplanet.org)
- Greetings of Spring:Tulip and Marinated Goat Cheese&Artichoke (eatwithmeistanbul.com)
- Wall Herb Garden (singlemomthriving.wordpress.com)
- How to Store Herbs to Make Them Last Longer and Taste Better (wisebread.com)
Here’s another simple tip to make delicious food without letting fresh herbs go to waste. By freezing and preserving your fresh herbs and using them in your cooking later. GENIUS!! Just add the herbs and oil to ice cube trays. Put them in the freezer and use as needed.
How to Freeze Fresh Herbs In Olive Oil
- Choose firm, fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, sage and oregano..
- If you wish, you can chop them fine. Or leave them in larger sprigs and leaves.
- Fill the ice cube tray with your chopped herbs.
- Pour the olive oil into each cube, leaving a little room at the top to expand when freezing.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen cubes and store in freezer containers or small bags.
Photo Credit: seedsnow
You Might Like
View original post 101 more words