Interesting facts about massage… Massage is beneficial for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
1. Babies fall asleep faster when massaged than when rocked, and they stay asleep rather than waking the moment Mom tiptoes away.
2. When massaged regularly, children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and autism showed improvement in their symptoms from decreased pain, decreased anxiety, and decreased inattentiveness.
3. Massage therapy can help to partially restore mobility to the elderly afflicted with Parkinson’s disease and arthritis, as well as reduce levels of anxiety, depression, and the effects of loneliness.
Photo Credit: ihtva
- Learn The Art Of Massage For Free! (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- How Massage Can Help With Arthritis (matrixspa.wordpress.com)
- Use Massage To Stay Healthy (letstalkandwalk.com)
- Massage Proven Beneficial for Stress Relief (caringtouchspa.com)
- Five Health Benefits of Massage You Might Not Know About (drclouthier.com)